Skip to content

Monday Night with Mason and Miss Julia

August 2, 2010

Becks pulled a muscle in her neck last night and woke up very sore.  She went to the doctor’s office this afternoon and he told her she needed to rest and take it easy.  After dinner she took some medicine and headed off to bed leaving me alone with the kids. 

Mason was playing with his animal sounds toy (“What sound does a cow make? Mooo!”), while I fed Julia a bottle.  She usually eats 4-6 ounces but tonight sucked down 8.  I thought she was going to explode when she finished, but instead she gave a rather lady like little burp and passed out in my arms.  Mason came over and tried to cover her head with one of his babies so I laid her down in her crib.

It was 7:30 p.m. and I figured I had about 3 hours until Julia needed to be refueled.  While she snored in her crib Mason and I played trucks and watched the Brave game on ESPN.  He eventually wanted to watch some “choo-choo” and I told him he could watch one or two 5 minute episodes before he went to bed. 

I was sitting on the small couch when he climbed up and snuggled next to me.  He grabbed my index finger with his left hand, covered himself up with another one of his babies, and stuck his right thumb in his mouth.  He was now content and ready to watch Thomas. Moments like this won’t be around forever and I wanted to sit there for as long as possible.  We ended up watching 4 or 5 episodes before he started to nod off to sleep. I brought him into his room, said prayers with him and laid him down in his bed.  He was asleep before I closed his door.

With both kids asleep I cleaned up the living room and kitchen before heading back to the computer.  I am not sure what happened, or if anything I did had an impact on it, but the computer was working fine this evening.  I was thrilled and logged onto my blog to post the numerous entries that were piling up in my e-mail inbox.  I updated it through the end of July and was very pleased that I finally got some time to sit down and write about the passing of my Uncle Al. 

By 10:30 p.m. I was anticipating that Julia would wake up any moment.  I went to check on Mason and covered him up.  Julia was sitting in the same place I had laid her down three hours earlier.  I leaned over the crib to make sure she was breathing (she was) and covered up her little foot that was sticking out of her blanket.  It did not look like she was going to wake up anytime soon, and I decided to watch the end of the Braves game before having to work bottle duty.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: